
See all those dark intestines, well normally they would be where the pink intestines are. All of those were stuck under the skin.
After that was over there were some sheep to be dewormed. We didn't get to help catch the sheep so it wasn't terribly exciting. Although at the next farm there were a lot of sheep to deworm, and this time we were able to wrangle some sheep! So I jumped right in and caught/wrestled about 7 sheep. Letting them go was the best part because more often than not they would leap into the air to get away.
Dr. Kristin helped hold the testicle while I used the emasculator to crush and cut the spermatic cord.
Our next task was to deworm so cows. I never thought I would think that cows in mud are cute however this particular breed proved me wrong. They have such adorable long floppy ears, it makes them almost look puppy dog like.
After that Ruban, Dr. T's brother, took us for a short little trail ride, he said if we came back on sunday he'd take us on a trail ride to a sink hole.
![]() |
| I rode this little girl |
![]() |
| In this not so comfy saddle |
While we were out riding Justin (our driver) called one of his friends who owns a resort and worked out a deal to go tubing down the Mopan river for only $2.50! We started at the resort and floated downstream until we got to this GIANT rope swing. It was slightly terrifying. You were able to swing so far out and you were pretty high up. The second time I swung out I ended up with a small rope burn on my arm :[
![]() |
| me on the rope swing |
We floated further down the river and soon got out and walked a ways somehow ending up back upstream further than where we started. It wasn't too long of a walk, but we had to walk on the road several times and we were barefoot so our feet we're very burt/sore by the time we got back to the river. We got in right upstream of bullet tree falls which should have been named bullet tree rapids. There were two sides of the river that had little rapids on them so we played there for a while. You could tube down the rapids, walk back up upstream and do it again. They we're a lot of fun but I really wish I had a water proof camera. Not much further past the rapids was our final stop at the resort.
Later on that evening my roomie found a scorpion in our bathroom! It's still there since it wedged itself between the ceiling and a piece of wood. :/ Hopefully we'll kill it before it gets one of us.
I really could get used to days like this.... except maybe not the scorpion part.
I really could get used to days like this.... except maybe not the scorpion part.







Didn't you know you were suppose to let go of the rope, hahaha
ReplyDeleteAnd those intestines are ewwwwww, but I've seen your mom buy some at the mexican market that looks very close...ewww